Here is the great conversation between Game Protect and Skrill Help:
1) GP: Please give me the contact email of the department that checks the validity of gambling licenses for online gambling sites you send money to? Thank you!
Help team: Unfortunately, we was not able to locate your account with the e-mail address you contact us from.
Please contact us from the e-mail registered to your Skrill Account so that we can assist further.
2) GP: Please read my message again. I ask for the contact email address of the department that checks the validity of gambling licenses for the online gambling sites you send money to?
Help team: Regarding your inquiry, please note that we process transactions to all websites that have the Skrill logo as a payment option. You can find a list of those websites here: https://showcase.skrill.com/gambling/all-gambling
In case you are interested in incorporating skrill.com as a payment option in your website and you would like to open a business account with us, please contact our sales department here: https://www.skrill.com/en/business/
3) GP: You are not able to give me the contact email address of the department that checks the validity of the gambling licenses for online gambling sites you send money to, because you do not check the validity of gambling licenses?
Are you allowed by England and Wales laws to send money to illegal gambling sites without a valid license?
Help team: Please refer to our previous correspondence for additional information on the matter.
Thank you for the patience.
4) GP: In reference to our previous correspondences, I asked you for the contact email address of the department that checks the validity of gambling licenses for the online gambling sites you send money to?
As you did not tell me, I also asked if you do not check the validity of gambling licenses?
Finally, I asked if Skrill is allowed by England and Wales laws to send money to illegal gambling sites without a valid license?
Or are you incorporated in the City of London?
Help team: We would like to confirm that Skrill is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All the merchants we work with are officially checked and approved from our Merchant department. We perform audits which intend to prove their legitimacy.
5) GP: a) Game Protect has a lot of proof from victims that the Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate anything as they allow to send money to illegal gambling operators without a valid gambling license!
b) Can you please explain what “officially” checked means? Skrill is a private company and if they check something it is surely not official as only official authorities can check things officially.
The Merchant department checks the validity of online gambling licenses? But the contact details of the Merchant department are a secret even though they checked it “officially”?
c) You perform audits where you checked the Curacao master-licenses 365/JAZ, 1668/JAZ, 5536/JAZ and 8048/JAZ and where you checked if Curacao license laws are fulfilled? This means that you have seen and read the Curacao master-licenses and the Curacao license laws?
d) If you read my emails then you will realize that I did not ask for any end-user information.
Help team: All of your questions have been answered in our previous correspondence but we will repeat the answers.
a) We cannot comment on how the Financial Conduct Authority does or does not regulate gambling operators and/or their gambling license, you can address the question directly to the competent organism.
b) We will not comment on the definition of “official/officially”, on to the next question which is regarding the Merchant Services department. We will not provide you with the email of this department as you do not have the account status required to send inquiries to this department.
c) We will not comment on internal procedures and internal information
d) We read your emails twice:
– you contacted us with the following question: “Which department checks the validity of licenses for online gambling sites?” and we told you that we will not provide you with their email as it cannot be used by external users. You can always contact us at [email protected] and if needed we will contact the concerned department internally
– you contacted us with another question: “Are you allowed by England and Wales laws to send money to illegal gambling sites without a valid license?” to which we said that if you go through our legal footer you will find your answer, we can also advise you to contact the authorities in case of a concern and provide the following email [email protected] Only an official representative can contact us to this email.
– you asked “Or is Skrill incorporated in the City of London?” – the information is publicly available and you can locate our headquarters.
We hope that you will find this information helpful and that it answers all of your questions.
6) GP: My question if you have seen and read the Curacao master-licenses and the Curacao license laws remains ignored?
My question if you have checked if Curacao license laws are fulfilled remains ignored?